City Info

Middletown City Hall: (502)-245-2762

Middletown Police Department: (502)-365-1900

Garbage: Rumpke (502)-568-3800

Parades need to have permits.
You will need a permit or a letter of compliance for demolition of a structure.

Middletown has a sign ordinance that will vary if you are located in the historic district. In the historic district, a portable a-frame sign is permissible during business hours. The sign must be taken in after closing. For awning signs, traffic or directional signs check with City Hall.

An ABC license is required to sell any spirits or alcoholic beverages. Please contact the ABC Administrator at City Hall.

General Information

  • You have legal rights as a business owner.
  • No person can operate a bicycle on sidewalks.
  • No animals should be left unattended or running loose.
  • It is always unlawful for skaters or skate boarders to be on sidewalks.
  • All business should keep litter, trash or debris from sidewalks.
  • No business should obstruct passage ways on sidewalks or alley ways.
  • All public parking lots should be equipped with a trash receptacle.
  • No balloons or excess flags -other than the American flag done tastefully – are permitted.
  • All new businesses must comply with approved landscaping plans.

​Insurance Premiums Tax is a tax paid by all life insurance companies, all stock insurance companies, all mutual insurance companies, and all captive insurers doing business in Kentucky. The tax is assessed on premiums collected by insurance companies on policies written in Kentucky during the preceding calendar year. Please review your insurance to ensure it is coded for Middletown. We want to keep those tax dollars in our community!